Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Making Strawberry Jam!

With the strawberries that we harvested this year, I was determined to make Strawberry jam and jelly! Abigail was very excited to help me and so we set out to do it. Here are the pics of Abi helping me!

As I cleaned and cored, she would drain and mash them:



Several times we had to put the strawberries in the microwave so they would mash better. She was a very big girl and did this all by herself.


She even used the pot holders so her hands didn't get hot! (it was actually just warm...but we were cautious!)

It was a very fun time and I really appreciated her help! She stuck with me for a long time! We made around a gallon of jams and jellies! She told me that she loved being my helper and would stay that way forever. She said she always wanted to help me even when she was a teenager! I told her I'd remind her of that then!
My little girl is growing up fast ... where have the years gone!