Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another Bon Fire

We are lighting up the sky this year with bonfires!

I don't know that we have EVER had this many bonfires in one year before.  It all started back in September when we had the Hall family come over for a bonfire in our yard. The kids had a great time roasting hot dogs, running around the fire, and eating smores.

Then, two weeks later, we had the Schlatter Fall gathering at Grandma and Grandpa Schlatter's house in conjunction with Nathan's birthday. (See this post.)

Then a week after that Nathan was invited to go to a sleepover and bonfire at the Christian home. (Granted, this wasn't the whole family, but it was still a bonfire activity).

And that brings us to our last bonfire event - the LIGHT Homeschooler's bonfire.

Now, our family has not done a lot with the homeschoolers group before, but this year I think we are going to try to do a few more things.  And our first event (as a family) was this bonfire.  They had the usual - hot dogs and chili - and lots of other fun stuff as sides and goodies.  They didn't do smores but I had taken Indoor Smores so there was chocolate and marshmallows!

It was a very cold night and the kids weren't very prepared for that so they didn't have as much fun as they could have but by the end of the night I had to go hunting around to find Nathan because he had made a friend and was off playing.

I'd say after a few more meetings all my kids will be off with new friends.  Abi would have disappeared if the Ducote family had been there, but for whatever reason they didn't make it.  Abi has started to get to know Elizabeth rather well at Kids4Truth.

Sorry I don't have any pictures for you.  Between forgetting my camera and chasing down four freezing kids I didn't get much time for pictures!

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter