Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dress #2 - Prairie Girl

In an attempt to find dresses that would work for Abi to wear for everyday, I took another pattern she liked that was too short and made this dress out of a yellow with little blue flowers.  We liked it...but it was VERY YELLOW!

So one night, as I was laying in bed awake, I had the thought of adding an apron!  Here is the final product:

She is really enjoying modeling her dresses.

The neck was a bit too small for her head to easily slip through,
so we added a hook and eye at the top to give some leeway.

We tried to just have the apron separate, but it didn't work, so I attached it.
The only thing that I'd change with this dress (when I make another one) is that I'd flair the skirt a bit more instead of the straight up and down.  I've got ALOT more fabric so when I manage to get the next one like this pattern down, I'll flair the skirt and variate the top and bottom patterns.  (I'm having so much fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment