Marion helped me with the wall today...AND I DIDN'T GET ANY PICTURES OF THE PROCESS!
I don't know what I was thinking.
I don't know what the weather was like for you all, but it was COLD and SNOWY here. So Marion decided today would be a great day for him to help me get that sheet rock up the stairs and attached. So, he measured the hole, measured the sheet rock, and cut the sheet rock. Then we hauled it upstairs and scored the wall so we knew where we needed to chip out the old plaster.
Then I started working on removing the plaster, but then Ethan woke up and needed some attention. He is still not feeling the best with a really runny nose and a slight cough. Anyway, so Marion said that he'd help with the sheet rock so I could give some loving care to the sick baby. (maybe that is why I forgot to get pictures) :0(
So, with Abigail's help, Marion chipped away the old plaster and fit the cut sheet rock piece into the spot. Abi would hand him screws as he put them in. When the sheet was all installed, he told me I could have the project back (to clean up...LOL)!
After I cleaned up all the old fallen plaster and vacuumed the residue up, I decided to go ahead and fill in the gaps with joint compound and put the first coat on the screw holes. Here is the picture of what we have now:
Tomorrow I will do some sanding and finishing of the seam. There are a few spots where I will need to feather out the joint compound a ways as the plaster and sheet rock don't match up. But considering the bulge in the lathe and the age of the house, we feel it is a very good match.
I tried to get Marion to pose for me next to the wall, but he refused...I guess I just missed my opportunity to get those pictures. Oh well, until next time....