Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, February 17, 2011

My New Toy...

I am so excited...I got a new toy...hehehehe!  

Last year, my mom got a dehydrator from her sister (my aunt Sharon) and she went crazy with it...lol!  One of the times when she was down visiting, she brought the dehydrator with her and we kept that thing going non-stop for the entire time she was here.  We dried jerky, bananas, apples, oranges, apricots...and garlic...lots of garlic!  I think we even made a few fruit leathers too!

Well, I have wanted a dehydrator for many years but could never convince Marion that we'd actually use it or that it would be beneficial!  After that week with my mom, his opinion changed, but not enough for him to give the okay for us to get our own.  His opinion was it worked well to use Grandma's...lol!  THEN his birthday came, and Grandma sent dried pineapple (as well as a bunch of other stuff including more jerky).  After that, he was SOLD!  

Those of you who know that Marion's birthday is in September, you might then be asking why I am only NOW getting the dehydrator.  Well, there were many reason, mostly that I couldn't decide on which one to get.  But I finally found the one I wanted and it even included 4 yogurt cups for me to make homemade yogurt in 4 hours!  I think that will come in mighty handy this summer...the kids eat LOTS of yogurt in the summer!

So...here it is...my first batch of dehydrator goods:

pineapple (for my hubby since it is his favorite)

and apricots and plums as a tester run

It even has a timer so that it will automatically stop after the set amount of time...
no getting up in the middle of the night to check the dehydrator now!

I actually have 6 total trays but I decided to stop with the four for my first run.  I'm going to get some jerky marinating over night and hopefully run it tomorrow.  I'll let you know how that turns out!  YAY!