Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, February 21, 2011

What we've been up too...

For those of you who might not know this...there are always projects to do to keep a house up and running!  Some of them are easy, some of them take time, some of them are fun, and some of them are just a pain!

Well, quite a while ago, one of the little rebels in our home decided it would be a great idea to color on the wallpaper going up the stairs.  Then a while later, either the same little rebel or another one decided it would be great fun to pick at the little seam that was coming loose on the wallpaper going up the stairs.  Then, apparently the temptation was just SO great that all the little rebels in the house were caught at one point or another picking more wallpaper off the wall! 

***Updated - Marion thought my terminology for the children was a bit harsh even if true, so we changed from calling them little sinners to little rebels...one in the same...just not so harsh sounding!  :0)

As you can imagine, it started to not look so pretty, and really bothered my wonderful husband who honestly doesn't pay much attention to these things, but when he does IT BOTHERS HIM!  So, sometime last summer/fall I came up with a plan to redecorate the dining room/stairway.  But with all that happened last October, it didn't get done!  You might remember seeing the post on the Pink Primer Paint that was purchased for this project (if not you can read that here).  And by the way, there is STILL pink primer on the back step and house!

ANYWAY, my mom was planning on coming this week to spend some time and it got me thinking that MAYBE this would be the time to tackle this project.  Unfortunately, due to health issues, she wasn't able to come, and I about abandoned my plan.  BUT, then I decided, WHY NOT?  I was planning on getting it done this week...why change that?!!

So, here are the kids helping me:






They actually ENJOYED it a lot (like that was a big surprise).  They got the majority of the vinyl off and an amazing part of the 'glue paper'.   Abi especially worked at it until there was NOTHING she could pick at anymore.  Tomorrow, I will have Marion bring in the ladder for me to get to the top corner of the stairway and I'll finish getting the glue paper off and cleaning the wall!

:0)