Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, February 28, 2011

Today: Taping, Caulking, Priming

Today was a big day in the march towards getting the wall done.  

First thing I did this morning was sand down the wall again and try to feather out the corner a bit more.  I think everywhere but the corner is good now....we'll see when I get the primer on.

After that, I made two loaves of bread and while they were raising I taped and caulked the corners.  My Dad had given me a painters tip that he learned:  When painting dark colors especially, take a very thin line of painter's caulk can run it over the edge of the tape that is on the paint side.  This prevents the paint from seeping underneath a loose spot in the tape and also allows a CLEAN line when you pull the tape off. 

I did this trick with the brown in the dining room and it worked splendidly so I am excited to try it with the red in the stairway!  So, here is the picture of the wall after sanding and the tap in position.



Then, after I got the bread baked and lunch done with, Marion decided he wanted to take some cookies to the elevator with him as he hauled in grain, so I baked some peanut butter and jelly cookies for him to take.  When that was all done, I started priming:





I left a small square where the corner needs to be compounded one more time, and I left a small spot on the wall in the hall where the door knob from the boys' door was knocked through.  I was also able to do a second coat on the upper corner in the stairwell before I took the ladder down for the day.

I think tomorrow I'm going to work on filling some rough areas or holes in the hallway area and putting on a second coat of primer on the rest of the wall.  I'm seriously thinking I'm doing a third coating too...I'm told with the darker colors it is vital to have a GOOD primer coat!

Until later....

:0)