I woke up this morning rather sore from the priming yesterday and decided to take a day off from the wall to get some other things done. I had started the laundry yesterday but figured if I focussed on it I could get it wiped out fairly quickly so I tackled folding the laundry and getting it put away! YAY!
I also finished Nathan's Jammies that he so desperately wanted! Actually...they are not the 'flame jammies' he wanted, but I wanted to do a 'trial run' before I cut into his 'good' fabric! So I let him pick from the fabrics I had and he decided on the beach top and whale bottoms:
|The very proud 'I finally get to pose' Nathan!|
|They look more like hospital scrubs than anything but he says they are very comfy!|
|I chose not to put in elastic but to do a draw string instead...I kinda like the drawstring better!|
|He said we needed a side view!|
You can see that they are a 'bit' too big but that is the way I wanted them...so he could 'grow' into them. The pattern I have actually starts at a 7 and Nate is barely in 5/6s so I shortened the pants and shirt, but the neckline was still way to big for him. But, now that I have the pattern pinned appropriately, I feel more comfortable tackling the flaming jammies when I have my next sewing day. And yes, I will be trying to alter the neckline for those!
I was also able to make one skirt for myself out of a blue calico that I had purchased. I was wanting a more all purpose skirt so that I could utilize the various shirts I currently have. It turned out fairly well considering I just took a pattern from another skirt I had. I only made two mistakes...neither made the skirt unwearable for home stuff. (I'm gonna have to remember that when making a pattern from an outfit with elastic that you need to STRETCH the elastic to get an accurate pattern...lol...I have to put the skirt on over my head because I forgot that...LOL)