Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Nathan's Jammies - A day off from the wall

I woke up this morning rather sore from the priming yesterday and decided to take a day off from the wall to get some other things done.  I had started the laundry yesterday but figured if I focussed on it I could get it wiped out fairly quickly so I tackled folding the laundry and getting it put away!  YAY!

I also finished Nathan's Jammies that he so desperately wanted!  Actually...they are not the 'flame jammies' he wanted, but I wanted to do a 'trial run' before I cut into his 'good' fabric!  So I let him pick from the fabrics I had and he decided on the beach top and whale bottoms:


The very proud 'I finally get to pose' Nathan!

They look more like hospital scrubs than anything but he says they are very comfy!

I chose not to put in elastic but to do a draw string instead...I kinda like the drawstring better!

He said we needed a side view!

You can see that they are a 'bit' too big but that is the way I wanted them...so he could 'grow' into them.  The pattern I have actually starts at a 7 and Nate is barely in 5/6s so I shortened the pants and shirt, but the neckline was still way to big for him.  But, now that I have the pattern pinned appropriately, I feel more comfortable tackling the flaming jammies when I have my next sewing day.  And yes, I will be trying to alter the neckline for those!

I was also able to make one skirt for myself out of a blue calico that I had purchased.  I was wanting a more all purpose skirt so that I could utilize the various shirts I currently have.  It turned out fairly well considering I just took a pattern from another skirt I had.  I only made two mistakes...neither made the skirt unwearable for home stuff.  (I'm gonna have to remember that when making a pattern from an outfit with elastic that you need to STRETCH the elastic to get an accurate pattern...lol...I have to put the skirt on over my head because I forgot that...LOL)

:0)