Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A change of plans...

Well, as Spring Break Week comes to an end, I had mentioned to Marion that it might be fun to do something with the kids!  Fortunately, the kids have had a great spring break already as they got to spend two days at Grandma Schlatter's house playing with Cousins P, W, and B!

However, today they all had to go home and so the 'let down' was a bit hard to tolerate! ;0)  So, Daddy came to the rescue and whisked us all off to the Hastings Museum to see a helicopter Imax movie.  Nathan LOVED that!  And even Ethan did well...he ended up falling to sleep fairly quickly!

Again, I didn't take my camera and left my phone in the van, so I have no pictures.  I don't know what it is about that museum that I cannot remember to take my camera but hey!  Anyway, we got to enjoy seeing the exhibits again and the helicopter movie was very cool!  Then the kids got to play in the discovery corner again and they always love that.

After about 2 1/2 hours, we headed home and stopped off at Subway for dinner.  So, needless to say, the sewing projects I had planned today did not get done!  Well...that isn't exactly true...I did have enough time this evening to do one t-shirt dress.  I took 2 shirts and made one dress.  Added a bit of ribbon to help spruce it up and if nothing else it is a sure fire play dress with nothing lost!  I tried to get pictures but for some reason they all came out really dark...I don't know what is going on with my camera! (alot of Ethan's birthday pictures did the same thing...surely it is not time for a new camera already...ugh!)

Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow when the lighting is better and see if I can get you some pictures of the new dress.  I also have a ton of shirts that I'm going to make a tiered t-shirt dress with...maybe tomorrow!

(and just for those who might be asking...I did get the kids' clothes changed out before we left for Hastings...so now they have short sleeve shirts too.  All but Abi as hers are in a pile waiting to be sorted as to which I may use if any.  So, the day was a very productive and yet rewarding day!)

I'm so very glad my husband loves us all so much to stop and spend time with us!  We truly are blessed!