Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, March 07, 2011

I'm so excited...I can't wait to show you....

though that above statement is true...I also have to ask that you forgive the pictures...Abi was helping me take them and I inadvertently showed my tummy a bit...sorry! So, please look past the pictures to the SKIRT in the pictures...LOL!

SO....I actually got my first TIERED skirt done today!  And I LOVE IT!  As with all my projects in hind sight I'll do a few things differently with the others...BUT only one:  I'll mix the flowers in a bit more instead of the two solids!  I actually had more of the floral print than the others....but I was thinking....3 fabrics....layered in 1-2-3...wasn't thinking that the two solids in the middle wasn't the best idea....LOL!  I should have done floral on the bottom, then the cream, then the floral, then the green and top the waist with whatever I had left...:0) But considering some of my other projects...I think this one came out one of my FAVORITES!
It's hard to see the tie string, but I didn't go with elastic on this....
I think it gives it a more custom fit...I can wear it loose enough to be comfortable, but it doesn't fall off!


Abi insisted on this view as I always take a back picture of her dresses...
I don't know if you can tell, but I pleated the bottom tier and gathered the rest....
I kinda like the pleated look....but it takes FOREVER!

I can't really think of anything else to say about it....
I just really like the flow and feel of this style...and it turned out ALOT better than my last skirt...rofl!
:0)