Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SHIRRING...

My friend Beth has sewn several dresses that have a shirred top.  I asked her the other day how she did that and honestly - she said she bought the material that way...lol!  I've been thinking there are several things I could do with shirring (though I just recently found out that it is called shirring).

Sleeves, waist bands, decorations...etc...

photo credit to Ruffles And Stuff

Anyway, here is a great tutorial that I found on how to shir:

Shirring Tutorial


Now I just need to find some elastic thread...I'm thinking I'm taking a trip to Stuff 'n Such in Downs...real soon!