Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, October 14, 2011

Silage Cutting

This year, I tried to get pictures of various farming operations.  One of the neat things we do is silage cutting.  We usually do this with the Frydendalls and Herredsbergs.  Here are some pictures of the crew cutting silage on Grandpa Schlatter's place.

silage cutter and truck

its a weird looking machine...and throws the silage behind so the truck has to follow.

another truck getting lined up

a big tractor is used to push the silage around and pack it down

a truck coming to dump

dumping the silage for the tractor to pack
Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter