Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

They surprised me...

The kids that is!

I've been trying to get more veggies into our lives and to be honest I struggle with it - not wanting to fight the kids!  But today I just did it.

I made a salad with spinach, lettuce mix, black beans, navy beans, onions, red pepper, feta cheese, and mushrooms!  I then made coleslaw as well.

I totally expected HUGE fits and tantrums and refusals to eat...the whole shebang.

But they surprised me.

Daddy called them to lunch and told them this is what we were eating and that it was yummy and that there were to be no complaints.

At the end of the meal, Jonny had eaten all of his greens but left his beans and onions, Abi left the coleslaw, Nate left the spinach and Ethan ate EVERYTHING (well...except the onions...he handed a few of those to Daddy).  Overall...I think that meal was a huge success and I had only a small bowl of left overs!

Here is a picture of my left over salad:



Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter