Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Few Recent Projects

In an effort to clear off my dining room table (again) I decided to tackle a few of the projects that were sitting around waiting for me to get to them.  The first project I did was another t-shirt dress for Abigail.  It is so exciting to be able to make a new outfit out of material that cost us NOTHING!

You can see the small strip of green that I added.
You can't really see it unless the tail of the shirt is lifted.
The next project I did was to convert a pair of Capri pants into a skirt.  I wanted to see how hard this would be.   And it wasn't that hard, but I do think I needed to go up higher in the crotch to make it lay better.
The fabric looks really black here, but it is a green that matches the butterflies pretty well.

See the pretty butterflies...I just had to try to save these!


And my last project I did today was the basket liner.  I had read how it was terrible on baby's tummy's to have all that string laying around and I have to admit that I don't like to have Ethan around all the strings and stuff, so I bought a basket and made a liner like what Ashley from Make it and Love it does here.  My basket had handles so I had to make inserts for them, and I wanted my basket to have some elastic to keep it on.
You can see it is already being put to good use!
I've still got a jumper to alter, and a skirt to make for me, and a jumper dress to design for Abi.  Then my table will be all cleaned off.  We'll see how far I get over the next few days.  I've also been working on the flower bed out front, but I can only do that for so long before I need a break inside!  lol