Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ham & Cheese Pockets

Okay, so the kids decided they wanted ham & cheese pockets instead of pizza pockets, so here we go:

First, we made the dough as the recipe here says (only we used pure white flour since I'm out of wheat for the moment).  Then I rolled them out and used my pie/empada maker to cut out circles:


Then I took one of the circles and put it on the pie/empada maker and filled the center indention with ham and cheese:


Then you fold the pie/empada maker in half and squeeze slightly to seal:


Open it up and TADA....a little pocket:


Place them on a pan and bake them for 15-20 minutes and you have perfect little pockets.


We made 22 of these and between all six of us, they were gone at the end of the meal.  VERY YUMMY!

Of course you can fill them with anything...pie fillings, pizza ingredients, taco ingredients, the options are endless.  I think these will be great to have for harvest time...now if I can only get some made up ahead of time and in the freezer!