Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Sunday, September 23, 2012

How are we doing?

THAT is a good question.

It has been one week since Sarah's funeral.

It has been two weeks since she was born.

And it feels like a lifetime!

How does one cope with such tragedy and change? What does one do in times like this? What is normal?

One moment at a time.

Some good friends of ours were visiting the other day and they shared they have this 'book' of sayings that their kids have kept over the years of mom's sayings...one of them is "if you can't change the circumstances, change your attitude".

Since hearing that, I can't tell you how many times I've used it...with the kids and myself!

I can't change the circumstances of Sarah's death. But I can change my attitude in how I deal with it.

So, I have a choice.

I can dwell on all the questions, on all the what ifs, and could have beens...or I can choose to embrace my God and His will - whether I understand it or not!

I'm not saying that choosing God is easier. I'm not saying it feels better. I'm not saying it takes away the pain or that you don't have moments of emptiness.

But what it does do is help!

It gives hope.

It gives healing.

Embrace God. And let Him carry you moment by moment. It is the only way to survive this. Because - there is pain, there is hurt, there is emptiness. But only one thing can heal, mend, and fill you will a lasting peace.

A peace that passes yours or anyone else's understanding.

So, how are we doing? We are embracing God and let Him carry us moment by moment.