Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Canning Season is almost done for this year!

I would have thought it to be already finished but between the green tomatoes that have ripened and the carrots and sweet potatoes we are still hard at it.  Yesterday we managed to get 19 pints of carrots canned in homemade beef broth.


Today we worked on the sweet potatoes. By the time we are done, we will have 16 quarts of sweet potatoes in a very very light syrup.


I've still got a drawer full of tomatoes that need to be canned, but they will wait until after Thanksgiving weekend.  And then...I think I can officially pack the canner away and be done for 2011~



Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter