Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, November 21, 2011

A Thanksgiving Tree

I can't remember where I saw this idea, so please forgive the lack of link - but I thought it was a neat idea so we tried it this year.  

We usually do a thanksgiving ledger where every year we sit down and think of all the things we are thankful for over the last year.  We also usually read the previous few years to remind us of things we've been thankful for in the past.   

Well, I figured this year we could put the things we were thankful for on the leaves of this tree and then we could record them later in our ledger.  So today the kids and I went outside to find just the perfect branches for our Thanksgiving Tree. Then at supper we wrote down our thanksgivings and hung them!

The finished product.

The letter represents who was thankful, and then what they are thankful for.
 Here are a few other closeups of the leaves on the trees!




Then, I just discovered this cool setting on my camera...it's called a pin hole setting.  So I took a picture of the tree with that for the ARTISTIC set:


In case I don't get another chance to say it ...HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!



Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter