Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Southwest Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach Noodles

Marion has a cold.

The poor guy is feverish and having difficulties breathing.  He looks pretty miserable to be honest.  So I decided to help him out by making homemade chicken noodle soup - only - I added some southwestern flavor.  I've been trying to add more veggies to our diet (at the request of my husband) so I decided I'd add in some southwestern style corn.
photo source

Then when I went to the cupboard to get the noodles, I realized I only had spinach noodles.  So I decided to add them in to the mix. So this is what we ended up having for lunch:

Southwestern Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach Noodles

Here's the recipe:

Mix chunks of chicken (I actually used Schwan's Fajita Meat diced), 2 cans of chicken stock, 2 cans of southwestern style corn, and a bag of noodles.  Add water to sufficient levels and cook until noodles are tender and soup is hot!

Marion loved it and ate like 3 1/2 bowls saying it was perfect for a rainy day with a cold!