Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to My 40 year old Man!

Edited due to TMI - I love my man and am not ashamed of that - but do not desire to embarrass him either. For those that were exposed to the TMI...I apologize.  :0)

Anyway, my Man turned forty today!  (we have it on good authority that his official time of birth was around 3:00 p.m. but hey we celebrated all day anyway)

Abigail was very sweet and got up early to make him a card and sing him "Happy Birthday"! She did this all on her own without any prompting from me.  Then we all started getting ready for church and headed that way.  

After church we had cake in honor of his birthday and thanks to Marla we have some beautiful cakes!

We had Chocolate, White, and a Strawberry with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting!
Amazing!

 Ten years ago, on Marion's 30th birthday, I made him a small Black Cherry Forest Cake and he loved it!  I don't think I've made him one since then.  If I did, I don't remember it.  Well, since my Man has been so into reminicing, he asked for one on this birthday.  So, I asked Marla to make him one (since I was busy making a bunch of food for the luncheon afterward).  She did an amazing job!


For those of you who don't know...I was forbidden to give Marion a party!  So when the guys (Don and Bob Koops) asked if I was going to 'say' anything, I told them I couldn't but they sure could if they wanted to!  Here Don is giving Marion some good attention:


You can see how red he started to turn in this next one as everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him and then the traditional 'Hip, Hip, Hooray!'


Turning 40 must have gotten to him cuz he went and got his eyes checked after FIFTEEN YEARS!  He got some handsome new glasses and now my Man is even more handsome than ever!


See that arched eyebrow...whooohoooo!
 Thanks for sharing in the fun of Marion's 40th birthday (and for putting up with my gushiness...lol)