Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, September 30, 2011

End of the First Quarter

Where has the time gone!?!

The first 9 weeks of our 2011/2012 school year is done!

Report cards have been printed and parent/teacher conference held!

Overall, everyone is doing well.  Abigail is making mostly As and Bs in her school work and we're pleased with her attitude and willingness to do school.  Though Art is her favorite subject, she struggles a bit with wanting me to do things for her.  So, we'll have to work on that.

Nathan is struggling a bit more making Cs and Ds but we are seeing alot of progress with him which is encouraging.  After discussing things with Marion, I think we'll slow the pace down a bit and do more reviewing.  In retrospect, I think alot of our attitude and struggles have been an overloading of information.  Boys just don't sit like girls do and so I'm thinking smaller sessions will be much more beneficial with lots of repetition.  We'll make a few changes this next quarter and see how things progress.

Jonny is a hoot.  He loves making his playdough colors and begs to do school like the big kids.  Even on days when I have several things for him to do, he asks for more.  If only that attitude would stay.  I often hear him singing his version of the ABCs and though I correct his errors, he still proudly belts it out!

Being so involved with my children's education and seeing how they learn and develop has been such a blessing.  A blessing I need to remember on those days when Nathan and I clash or Abi is being stubborn.  God has truly blessed us.

:0)