Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Tire




Yep, that was my tire just moments after we left Kids4Truth!  The jury is still out on whether my tire was flat before I left K4T or if it blew once I was gone.  All I know is that I was driving down the road just fine and then WHOOSH my tail was swerving all over the road and I tried to stop as quickly as possible without locking my brakes - since the anti-lock brakes aren't working right.

After I calmed down, calmed the kids down, and checked the tire.  I turned off the car, called Marion, and got out the manual to figure out how to get the spare tire out from under the van.  I was about 1/2 done when Marion showed up with the pickup and air compressor.  (we weren't sure if the spare would have enough air in it)

After Marion finished changing the tire, we started home at about 20-25 miles per hour, making sure not to stress the compressed spare we have.  We finally made it home at around 9:15 pm. (K4T gets out at 7:20)

I was a bit shaken and very dirty but PRAISE GOD WE DIDN'T HAVE A BAD ACCIDENT!  Praise God we were all safe and all turned out well.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for that very Hand of Protection that I know was with us!