Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Homemade Root Beer

Today was our first experiment with making homemade root beer.  I took the recipe from the Rachel Yoder site here.  It wasn't too bad!  I think the next time we make it, I'll decrease the yeast in the recipe and maybe up the sugar level.  There was definitely carbonation but once you poured it out, there wasn't much.  Also, you could really taste the yeast.

I've also been using the root beer concentrate to flavor milk and my shakes.  So even if we don't get the carbonation just right, we still can make some great tasting root beer drinks!  I've also found a few root beer recipes so maybe I'll try some root beer cookies!

We'll keep you posted