Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

A Fourth of July Breakfast ~

I was so pleased with how well this turned out, I just HAD to show you our 4th of July breakfast this morning.  (Later in the day, I'll have to take a picture of Abigail to show you...she is quite the 4th girl today.)

Anyway, back to breakfast...this is a very healthy and beautiful breakfast option:

Oatmeal (fixed Melanie's way) with blueberries and strawberries.

If you want a bit more 'whitish' you can add a bit of cream to the center to really bring in the effect!

Either way...Yummy!
Abi was thrilled with it, though she only ate the strawberries and a few bites of the oatmeal.  Then, she asked "Will lunch be red, white, and blue too?"

Uh-oh. I guess I had better start thinking of what we could have that is 'blue' for lunch! I've got watermelon, and yogurt, maybe I can do a fruit salad...though the kids aren't that fond of blueberries, so I might have to do something else.

If you are wondering what Melanie's Oatmeal is, here is the base recipe:

For our family of 6, I put 2 cups water and some salt in a pan and bring to a boil.  Add in 1 cup old fashioned oats, and one chopped apple (I put it in my food processor and shred it fine).  Put the lid on the pan and let cook for 5 minutes.  When that is done, add in some maple syrup (not too much though) just to flavor it a bit.  Then top with whatever you'd like:  cream, berries, nuts, etc.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter