Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Last Batch of Tomatoes

I don't know how many people can say that they were processing the last of their tomatoes on December 1st, but this year that is exactly what I am doing! To my utter surprise, I will get six quarts of tomatoes from what was left in my refrigerator plus the few jars of green tomato salsa that I will water bath along with the plain tomatoes.

After I get the tomatoes in the canner, I believe I will be getting the house ready for Christmas decorating. I usually like to take time to decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend but the last few years that hasn't happened. Marion said this weekend would work for sure, but I have a lot of prep work that needs to be done before that can happen. The kids have been begging to decorate and I find it humorous that the advent calendar is sitting next to the thanksgiving tree right now, mixed in with the wrapping paper from last weekend.

If I don't start getting ready for decorating, then I will be working on the Christmas program costumes for the church program coming up on December 18th. I think we are all ready for the first practice coming up this Sunday! Wow, where has the time gone? Can it really be Christmas season already?

As I mentioned before, I've got some great pictures from thanksgiving and I will try to get those added in as soon as I can. For now I better get going and try to finish up these tomatoes and get them in the canner!


Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter